But just in case you didn't... this is what happens when I go to the desert with Jamie and Nick...
Good thing Nick moved to South Carolina to be in the Navy and he won't be around to blow up any of our other vehicles. Haha jk jk We love Nick! Jamie and Nick had been working on Jamie's parent's old dune buggy in our garage for a couple of months and they were SO excited to get it running. They both even had dreams about it haha! So they finally got it running well enough to take it out to the desert for a test run ( and when I say well enough I mean they were able to make sure it had enough power to drive up our driveway... seriously). So we get out to the desert, unload it off the trailer, drive through a mud puddle, try to make it up a dinky hill = fail, and then we start heading down this wash to go to the river. Luckily, I was standing the back by the engine (we hadn't put the back seat in yet) when I started feeling something really hot and when I turned around I saw flames. So we bailed, ran far away from it, cried cuz there was nothing we could do, realized we had just topped the tank off with 7 gallons of gas, ran a lot further to get out of the wash, and all of a sudden BOOM.
But on the plus side...
-we got to take a walk of shame back to the truck that brought us all closer together helicopters didn't come after seeing the explosion
if I wouldn't have been in the back Jamie and nick wouldn't have felt the flame till it was too late,
the cops that came to see if we were ok didn't give us a ticket
-We didn't have Jamie's whole family with us with little kids riding on it
-AND it was a pretty cool explosion
So finally, three hours later, we had the fried dune buggy towed all the way out of the desert and it is now resting peacefully in our backyard. THE END.
RIP dune buggy :(



2 comments:
Jamie is going to die young!
Haha he better not!! I already had to experience that feeling once and he knows if he ever does anything like that again I will personally have to kill him myself lol. We better get life insurance just in case...
Post a Comment