Friday, May 20, 2011

Just something to think about...

Many of us create to do lists to remind us of things we want to accomplish. But people rarely have to be lists. Why? To do’s are activities or events that can be checked off the list when done. To be, however, is never done. You can’t earn checkmarks with to be’s. I can take my wife out for a lovely evening this Friday, which is a to do. But being a good husband is not an event; it needs to be part of my nature—my character, or who I am.
Or as a parent, when can I check a child off my list as done? We are never done being good parents. And to be good parents, one of the most important things we can teach our children is how to be more like the Savior
-Lynn G. Robbins of the Seventy

Another cool quote I heard this week-

"When your child comes into the room does your face light up? Do they see in your eyes that you're glad they're there?"
-Some lady on the Oprah Show

1 comment:

Unknown said...

are you trying to tell us something??????

Some of My Favorite Songs... at the moment ;)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones