Monday, September 24, 2012

How NOT to remodel your kitchen..

PS. We really did remodel our kitchen a while back and it looked really cute until friday. So it's Friday afternoon and I had just finished a stressful grocery shopping trip for our camping trip that we were about to leave on that evening. I don't know why I was stressed... I just was. I met Jamie at the house with plans to hurry and pack up so we could head up the mountain ASAP. Luckily he walked in before I did. I just heard "pitter- patter" noises and thought Sammy had somehow snuck into the house... Then we saw the huge puddle of water on the floor and a big dark puddle hanging in the light fixture. Perhaps the best part of the night was watching that nasty puddle fall right on Jamie as he was trying to figure out how to empty it. Hahaha! Good times! Jamie went up into the attic to see if he could find the leak and right after he got done telling me and roo to not stand under it the ceiling collapsed! It was so scary! I thought Jamie had fallen through but he hadn't :) breaking your back twice sure would suck.... Until the ceiling collapsed I had actually considered trying to clean everything up ourselves ( which would have been very unwise especially with how wet everything got) but soon realized I needed to call chelsie's dad. We spent all day Saturday cleaning up all the dust and trying to make our house semi livable. It would be fine if it wasn't 100+ degrees outside and we didn't have a massive hole in our ceiling letting a ton of hot air... Yuck! I also hurt my back moving furniture but I the bright side I got a massage at massage envy and saw the chiropractor all in one weekend! Now for the fun part... We get to wait for the insurance company so we can get it fixed. Guess we won't be putting our house up for sale as soon as we thought. Let the good times roll! Lol

4 comments:

Annie Hall said...

You poor guys!!! I hope you can fix it soon!!!

K. Garcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K. Garcia said...

Oh man, Krissy! Let us (I'm including Aaron without his knowledge) know if we can help out in any way. Come over for dinner! Let me know what day works best.

Chelsie said...

Seriously, that's so crazy!! You do not need more stress on your life right now. We need a girl's night out or something...

Some of My Favorite Songs... at the moment ;)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones