I'm grateful for a lot of things in my life
but today I am especially grateful that I was raised in a safe home
that my parents loved me
that they protected me from a lot of scary things in the world
that they taught me wrong from right
that they raised me to be a good person
that they helped me to learn and grow just like every kid should be able to do.
I spent 12 hours on the adolescent unit of the psych hospital today.
I saw how detrimental it is for a child who does not have a safe home.
I found out a lot of evil things about the world today that make me feel sick.
It makes me feel even more sick to think that innocent little kids are affected by such evil.
I called my mom right after I got out of the hospital to say thank you.
She said she would've killed anybody that ever tried to hurt us.
I wish the kids that I met today would've had someone to stand up for them :'(



2 comments:
I was thinking about that after you guys left last night! It's so scary to think that stuff like that happens.. and my kids will probably think I'm being overprotective but it makes me sick to think stuff could happen to them!
Isn't that the truth! Thank goodness for parents that actually care. It's funny that I complained about my parents when I was growing up and now, seeing what can happen, it makes me feel so spoiled that I have them.
Post a Comment